Author : Animation (Moving Images) process.



As I was a latecomer to the Author project, it was only last week I started working on the moving images with other members in my group "PLAY" : Miki, Jess, and Stacy. We decided to make a stop-motion animation with mini figures of our creatures. The whole thing is happening in the island Stacy, Jess and I live on, and Miki's creature from outer space crashes on the island one day so we meet altogether, form a society with a lot of adventures.




 



The pasties.! Essentials for my creature -  pasty + rum(alcohol) + tin whistle.



Didn't really mean it looking like a goth...but well.


In the studio waiting for others, arranged the props+figure as a set. I worked on (obviously) mountains and woodlands with some bush. Painting them was a lot of fun, messing around with gouaches(my favourite medium.!).











Jess' dreamy bunny. Life size and a miniature. 



Tracy's muddy creature.!



Miki's creature from the space is sitting on a chair, looking at her broken spaceship.






Miki's storyboard sheets. It hadn't been remembered till we finished the filming, but I thought it should be shown on the web at least.!



It was the first time I worked on a stop-motion animation. I sort of had bad memories about the whole 'making animation' thing which are from my secondary school years. I studied in Comics/Characters there, and my second degree was Animation. Later I ended up regretting my choice all the time as I was sick of doing a bunch of(about a hundred or more) same drawings. It was just not for me I guess, but now I think perhaps I should've given more passion in even if I didn't want to do it.


Anyway, this stop-motion animation session was very inspiring to me, motivated me to think about 'animation' once again. We still have a lot to do, adding sounds and all, so should work harder.!

No comments:

Post a Comment